Saturday 8 November 2008

Saturday 8th November 2008

I am at mums this morning. I bought some more shopping for the feezer and planned to play There one last time before MUM IS BACK TOMORROW!!! incase I don't get chance for a while but it is down for it's maintenance right now. I am supposed to be being picked up in an hour by Nipu to go help him with his dissertation some more.
Thursday I was really ill. I didn't go to Uni I stayed at home and rested. I went to the doctor who gave me a stronger inhaler and some antibiotics. Oh he also gave me Champix which is the giving up smoking drug I begged for so many times and now finally have. I started taking them Thursday too. You have to pick a day, 8-14 days after starting to take it and stop smoking then. I have decided next Saturday 15th. That coincides with the next Chaplaincy walk too.
Thursday night was Christianity Explored in the Chaplaincy. This week we were looking at Marks part of the gospel covering Jesus' death and resurrection. It was very interesting and I found out a lot of new information and was quite moved. The video was insightful. For dinner it was fish pie which was beautiful as ever. Davids wifes cooking is really lovely.
I went around to see Sam and Toni afterwards before I went home - my friends who live next door but one. Their cat Tigger has just had her third litter of kittens (she is Jynx's mum and they also own Jynx's dad Bandit) so I went to give them some tuna for her. Bandit had the snip finally this monday and he was very much more quiet than normal it was nice.
Tigger had 4 tabby and white kittens and 1 grey and white. 1 died sadly but the others are all doing very well, two weeks old now and their eyes are open. I might buy the grey and white one I don't know yet and I might buy a tabby and white one for Katie because she said she wants one.
Friday morning I missed the first Biology lecture, I overslept because my cough had made my night restless. I had a major coughing fit when I woke up which cleared some of my chest before having a horrible asthma attack. When I had recovered a few hours later I managed to get to Uni. I met Nipu and Vicky for lunch. I had my favourite lunch too, Moccachino from the library cafe and seeded baguette with Marmite, breakfast mix (that's sausage, bacon and egg mayo) and salad. Mmmm.
Friday afternoon we had Biology lab. I love friday lab because I have Lisa in my class as well as Vicky. We were doing testing for amount of unknown protein in substance tests. Not very exciting but fun as I was with my friends. We have to write a report on the experiment and produce a graph and table of our results. I have already done the graph, I did it in the class but I have the report to write. We also got our four pictures back from the other week at last, I have been waiting for my results for ages. I got 10/10 for each one again. Woot!
I got the results from my exams yesterday too, not as good but I think I did well even to be able to sit in an exam room full of people. I have to keep reminding myself that I am doing well and not focus on the bad, panic and leave the course like last time. I am good enough and I have not failed anything. I got 46% in Biology and I got 52% in Chemistry. 40% was a pass so I did pass even though I was dissapointed with my resluts. I have been finding Chemistry very hard so my result was ok for that but I was very upset about my Biology result.
I was supposed to be going out last night to Club C103 but I didn't go. Vicky is ill and went home straight after Biology lab and Lisa and I went to The Voodoo Lounge (the rock pub next to Uni) but decided to have an early night as we are still a bit ill too. Vicky still hasn't been to C103 but I will get her there one day. I expect we will all be going next Friday.
Nipu has still not called or picked me up and There will be back on in 10 minutes so I may actually get a little blast on my buggy or hoverboard in There after all, yippee. Love to you all xxx

1 comment:

Vicki Davis said...

Hey - You are 100% right... the only thing that matters is that you are trying and that you finish... No one wil remember a c or a b grade when you are done, so it doesn't matter as long as you passed, you are learning something, and doing well and you are doing great on your quizzes.

If the room with a bunch of people is making you nervous, do you think you could ask for accomidations on the next test, do you think you might do better without the distractions?

I am sorry you were ill, seems like we were sick about the same time, I was awful with a cold and asthma, been taking prednisone )the steriod stuff) and my nebulizers, I still have a deep yucky chest cough, and poor Holly is sick with a cold too...

PS I am so proud of you for quiting smoking I will be thinking of you and hope it works.