Tuesday 4 November 2008

Tuesday 4th November 2008

Ok so I had better explain myself having been away for such a long time, lol. Marc and I made up, he was indeed not speaking to me and avoiding me but after much appologising and grovelling on my part he forgave me and now we are fine, I am just a lot more careful about what I say around him.
Ok so what have I been up to since the last time I blogged? Well, a lot actually. Mostly I have been working really hard at Uni, yesterday we had a Biology exam and today we had a Chemistry exam, I can't tell you how I did until we get the results but I think I at least passed. I did have to guess a few answers and I am a little worried but I figure if I did badly I can get extra help with things I didn't understand.
It has been so so so so cold over here the last two weeks! Absolutely freezing! I have had the most horrendous flu that quickly went to Bronchitis. I'm still ill, I have no voice at all and a horrible barking cough so all of last week when I was really ill I just basically went to Uni then crawled into bed between lectures whenever I could. I didn't come to mums place so couldn't blog.
I also got my student funding through, WOOOPPPEEE! I was rich for a little while but as usual I blew the lot on silly things. Well, silly to other people but I really enjoyed it and love my new things. I put £50 in mums bank account and filled her freezer with food to replace the stuff I have eaten. I took Vicky, Katie and Sam to Buffet City to treat them and repay Vicky. I bought a cat scratching post from Ebay to treat the cats. I took my Uncle Andy to the cinema to see Quantum of Solice and splurged loads of money on drinks and food there. I leant Katie and my friend Sam money. I bought new clothes, a warm coat, a jumper, a hoodie, trousers, walking boots, socks, thermal top and trousers and a few t-shirts. I bought loads of new baby wool, bows, ribbons, lace allsorts that I had wanted for ages which came in handy while I was ill as I have been making bootees for my pregnant neighbour Heidi.
Then I went really mad, I bought a Nintendo DS and loads of games for it, including Guitar Hero On Tour, Sims 2, SimCity, Pokemon Diamond, Sims 2 Castaway, Sims 2 Appartment Pets and more. I then bought myself an Ipod nano 4th generation which I completely adore! Since my mp3 player was stolen I have really missed my music, especially since it was one of the things that made getting better possible. I came back to mums immediately and downloaded the new Metallica album - Death Magnet and oh my god! It's the best one they have ever made! I also got Pinks new album - Funhouse, The Cures new album - 4:13 Dream some Queensryche albums and Jimi Hendrix. That was a lot of fun and the Ipod has been everywhere with me ever since!
I still had a bit of money left and so I paid my huge phone bill (£134 by then) and bought a tv licence (£140). Since I then had a tv licence I thought it might be nice if I had a tv so I went and got one. It's 26" flat, HD ready, digital and came with all the freeview channels already loaded on it, no need for a set top box, sweet. It was also in the sale, ideal. While I was there I spotted an Ipod stereo so I got one of those too. I think that's all I bought. I also went out a lot, drinking and sociallising with new friends from Uni and now I am poor again but entertained, lol. I get a little bit more money in December (good for crimbo pressies) and then another lot in January and April. Fridgefreezer and cooker are next on the list and a laptop or pc of some kind. ;-)
Oh Halloween, that was a lot of fun. I went to Katies after Uni to see Sam in his Vampire outfit I got him, he looked so cute, Katie has pics on her digital camera so next time I see her I will try and get them off her. Katie and I chilled (actually I was really ill so I slept) until Saleh came home from work then we went out clubbing in town. We went to my favourite club, C103 which is a rock club. They have four huge rooms with dancefloors and bars then two seperate smoking areas outside with patios and barbeques. New Metallica was played a lot. It was great!
All of my friends were there, Allan, Luke, Styx etc, the whole gang and it was lovely to see all of them after such a long time. Katie and I had a brilliant night, got totally drunk and finally arrived home at around 7am!
The last few days Vicky and I have been pubbing after Uni with new friends Lisa and Dave who are also on our course. The Voodoo Lounge pub is right next to Uni and just happens to be a rock pub so it's been nice to meet new like-minded people who also go to C103 and know all of my old friends. It is wierd being called Caroline and Ona in the same location, that hardly ever happens to me, lol.
As we had exams today we have the day off tomorrow so it will be nice to just chill out for a while. It won't last though as tomorrow night is bonfire night so we are all going up on The Hoe to watch the fireworks. Every year we go and it is always a huge affair, oh yeah the fair will be there too. It will probably be too dark but I will try to take pics. Friday night I am going to C103 again will all my friends, this time Vicky is coming too. That will be funny as she doesn't like the music and is worried that she has nothing 'gothic or rock' to wear. Bless her!

I am really looking forward to mum coming home on Sunday I have missed her so much! It has been wierd without her. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Vicki Davis said...

You totally splurged, but you have been working so hard so you really desrve it.. What is the money supposed to be for, is your tuition already paid, and your rent.. it is nice to get the money and not have to use it for all of the responcible stuff, you must have goten a lot to get all the stuff you did.

CarolineThomas said...

Yeah it is supposed to be for books, lab coat, field trips and rent. My rent is already paid, I bought my lab coat out of my own money, we have no field trips this year and I got my books second hand at really bargain prices.
I did get quite a bit of money.