Sunday 25 January 2009




I'm such a bad blogger, I have a whole week to write about I'm so sorry about that. Ok here goes, Monday was really fun even though I had stats first thing in the morning. Afterwards I was in the chaplaincy with Stephen and Vicky. We had such a laugh messing about with my laptop and chatting. Monday I got an early night as it was a long day. Tuesday morning I don't have classes so I went and chilled in the chaplaincy again so at least I'm on campus. Stephen was in again and I spent most of the day chatting and messing about.


Tuesday night was excellent, the first time I have attended Christian Union. Loads of people I know were there so it wasn't too scarey (new places new people) Talan came over to greet me as soon as I got there and then Stephen so I was at ease quite quickly. The scarey part was getting in the building in the first place. I sat next to Isabel who I know from Dartmoor, Jenny, Peter and Amy from Christianity explored were also there. I recognised others from the chaplaincy and the free meals back in September. We sang hymns and had a guest speaker followed by more hymns it was fun.

Wednesday is my day off from Uni I have no classes so in the morning I chilled at home. About lunch time I went into the chaplaincy and met up with Vicky.

I wrote all of the above this morning and have been trying desperately all day to remember what it was that I did on Wednesday or Wednesday evening and I can't. I know that some time this week Vicky and I went shopping in town one afternoon maybe it was then. Sorry!

Thursday was pretty much like Tuesday lol I remember a lot of time in the chaplaincy, Stephen and Vicky and I having a laugh. Glen was there too and he is hilarious. I gave them all nicknames, Stephenage, Vicarage and Glen Fiddick, ha ha. We did have very good lectures though Biology of course, very interesting. It was about respiration and gaseous exchange in animals. Thursday evening was good. For christianity explored we watched a film called The Ressurection. It was a really good film, from the soldier who witnessed Jesus' death and ressurection very well acted. Dinner was sausage caserole. David's wife Nicola once again an excellent cook. Sadly Amy resigned too this was her last night, more later.

Friday Vicky and I were in the chaplaincy in the morning. Mark came in and we chatted to him until lunch. We grabbed sandwhiches and coffee, my sarnie was bacon, chicken and stilton with salad. We had stats lectures in the afternoon which were mind-numbingly, paint-dryingly, eye stabbingly boring!!!! I ran out of the lecture theatre and all I could think of was a nice cold Fosters. Vicky, Marc and I went to the Student Union. I only wanted the one pint I just craved it though. After my pint I went to Paul and Carlys leaving Marc and Vicky in the S.U. which was loads of fun. It was lovely to see them after such a long time. Ben's writing is really good he is growing up so quickly. They fed me which was unexpected and welcome and I stayed so late I had to get a taxi home.

I've just remembered a little, we saw Kate Fletcher on Wednesday we chatted with her for some time and Amy resigned from the chaplaincy sadly that day too to go back home and work with children instead of doing her degree in nursing. Fair play I say it's great she knows what she wants to do I wish I had her courage and conviction I really admire her.

Yesterday, saturday I slept in as long as possible really savouring my comfy bed. When I finally dragged myself up I got washed and dressed and went mums. We went for a walk all around Devonport Park. It was beautiful. We hardly ever remember to enjoy our surroundings and I have felt very cooped up this week lots of walls not enough nature and fresh air. We saw squirrels and birds galore it was sunny too even though it was freezing.

After our walk mum and I had fish and chips. I stayed at mums (on facebook on my laptop) until about 10.20pm then came home. I had an early night I watched Die Hard 4.0 (I can't believe noone told me how fabulous that film is) on my laptop in bed. I stayed in bed as long as possible again today eventually getting up to gone-off milk. I so didn't feel like going to the shop for milk but had to when the tea craving became unbearable.

I hoovered and did my washing, washed the dishes, cleaned the bathroom, downloaded There, chatted to Mum, loads of people actually too many to list. I pretty much have been on facebook all week getting totally hooked. I chatted with Mark about Seth someone folky some time this week and I found all my friends from school I had lost contact with. I'm really enjoying catching up and finding out who is married, who's got kids, who married who, that's wierd. People I would never have imagined to be a good couple and yet are. People who made fun of me for being fat are now overweight themselves, things like that. People seem to remember really wierd things that I had forgotten. Great to see Angel !!!!

I've really enjoyed being part of a little community. This week though I will be concentrating on my work a bit more so I should think I will be online less. Mum came to get me at about 4pm and we went for a drive while the roast potatoes cooked. We went to Devils Point which is a little beachy type coastal place where my mum used to take us as children not far from where we live now. I've posted pics of Devonport Park and Devils Point. I took them Vicki style leaving no stone unphotographed ;-)

This evening I have just chilled at home I wrote this blog and uploaded pics now I am off to bed, got stats at 9am - groan!! Love to all xxxxxxxx

2 comments:

? said...

Hi, good to meet another blogger in uni at devon. L;ove your blog.

CarolineThomas said...

Thankyou very much!