Friday 2 January 2009

Ok I don't have much time (I spent all of my allotted online time reading Holly's blog, lol) mum is itching to get back on the pc so just a quick note.
It was great to see all of your pictures Vicki lovely to see Heather and Ashley still together and omg they have a child? Is Heather the actual mom? Great to see Ruth and your grandma she is so sweet. I was saying to my mum the other day I was sad not to see Ruth or grandma so that was nice to know they are both ok. I was thinking about you and all your family over Christmas I am so glad you all had a good time together. Kevin has rock band it is fun!
Christmas for us wasn't as good as it could have been but that's a long story and I don't wanna bitch about it I just wanna move on and focus on the good. I had lovely presents and a lovely dinner. New Years was a lot of fun I did Katies sound she had a gig in a pub called The Fellowship Arms. She sang really beautifully and got £150 so we then spent some of that getting drunk and being merry, lol. Mum was at home with Sam. I am not back to Uni until 12th (I also get my next bursary same day - wooot!) and I am dying to get back too. Some pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/CarolineMarieThomas/Christmas2008?feat=directlink
My new years resolutions: One is I am getting rid of my cats.
It was a hard decision but they have to go. Since I gave up smoking (on Sunday this week it's seven weeks since my last cigarette) I have a lot more money and I am thinking I will have even more money if I didn't have the expense of the cats. Also, they have started to fight as they are older now and both boys. The other thing is field trips and holidays. I will have enough money to go on holiday twice this summer, my family have invited me to Dubai and I would like to be able to go and I can't jet off here and there when I have cats to worry about. No one wants to look after them and 2 or 3 weeks is a long time to ask someone to look after them. With the fighting I am having to keep them cooped up in seperate rooms at night so that I can get some sleep it's no good for any of us. I will miss them but my career and their welfare comes first.
When I don't have the cats I will only have the expense of food and electric so life should be better. Apart from the fact the flat will smell better without the litter trays it will also be fur free and I can open thne kitchen without worrying about paw prints on my worktops. It probably sounds like I am justifying it to myself as well as you but I really don't want to get rid of them I just think I should.
Anyway, I have been invited to Dubai this summer which I am really excited about, I can't wait. I have started saving for my flight and hopefully mum will come too. More about that nearer the time.
Although I am not back to Uni until 12th I am going in all this week anyway because the Chaplaincy will be open, I'll go in and help out with the churchy stuff all week, get back into the routine of going in campus, sort out my emails and visit the disability department about my laptop I am supposed to be getting.
I hate having the money to go buy it myself and waiting because I am entitled to a free one. If I bought my own I could be online whenever I want I could blog etc every day but free is better so I will wait. I am also going in to see my main tutor, Dr.David Harwood. He is the person in charge of my whole course and I am hoping if I talk to him about my health problems I might be able to claim extenuating circumstances.
If I can re-take that exam in the summer I could continue my course and that would be the only thing missing from my record. If he doesn't let me I will have to leave the course now and restart it again in September which I don't mind at all. I can get better grades second time around and by then I will definitely have my laptop by then making everything more easy. I have to check my Uni emails and type up work to hand in and print stuff all at mums at the moment because the library freaks me out so having that laptop will greatly improve my work I think. Fingers crossed I will be ok to continue now and retake the exam in the summer.
The other new years resolution is to lose weight.
I am doing very badly at that so far, November and December have been such bad months weight wise. I gave up smoking on 16th November and I have put on probably close to two stone. I have been eating crisps, chocolate, nuts etc for something to do. Also, with all this money I have been lazy and going to Pizza Hut and Buffet City, then there was Christmas and all that food still left to eat. I've eaten crisps, chocolate, nuts and sweets just today!
In Uni they have a brand new gym which is only £42 for students for the whole year so I'm going to join that on 12th January. If I can go just once a week it will be an improvement. I am hoping to go most days after Uni rather than go home to a cat free house and just watch tv. That's the other thing, since I got my tv I have been out a lot less and eating in front of the tv is so easy, esecially when it's cold.
I'm babysitting my Uncle Andys two kids tonight so I gotta go.
Vicki, let me know what you think of me coming to visit you this year maybe for a week, spring or summer break. I'd love to meet Holly :-)
New year, new me, free me!

1 comment:

Vicki Davis said...

I know giving up the cats will be difficult for you, but it might also be better for your health, aren't you actually officially allergic? I think it might be good for your stress levels also to not have the extra responcibility. I think waiting for the free laptop is definately the best idea. I am sorry your holiday didn;t go quite as planned thats too bad. My sister might be going to Dubai or more likely Abudabi to visit my uncle who might be working in UAE but probably in like April. I hope you are able to go it sounds like it would be a wonderful visit. I would love to have you visit for like a week, you would need to come before September because thats when Kat gets back fromt he peace corps, and my parents and Joel's mom are likely to be visiting also, so we will have to schedule it very carefully, but we can talk about that closer to the time.

I hope things work out with your tutor and you are able to stay in class, I know you might get better grades if you retake the course, but in the end, finishing with a C or an A doesn;t matter when you finished.

Its great that katie had a singing gig. Whenever we play rockband I am reminded of karaoke. Maybe would could talk angel into visiting at the same time as you come by.

We did not see Joel's mom over Christmas, she was still in Virginia closing out her mother's house and moving her brother down to gainesville.

Hope to talk soon, You used to go to the library, I bet it isn;t that bad and you could give it a try next week while you are visiting the chaplancy, it won;t be too crowded with classes still on break. Miss you, hope you have a wonderful 2009.

PS i am so proud of you for not smoking for 7 weeks, it is natural that you would gain some weight after quitting, but I think going to the gym once a week is a great option. Talk soon.