Wednesday 14 January 2009

Wednesday 14th January 2009

I am currently sitting in MY living room not my mums on MY new laptop on MY broadband noone elses - WOOOT! Couldn't wait for the free laptop, I decided I could sell the free one if I ever get it and I need to be online now so I can complete work at home plus I want to have more time online. Needless to say I'm in a great mood, buzzing in fact, life is good!
Another good bit of news I am not failing my course in any way. My coursework overall was good enough for me to pass without going to the exam so I am ok. Not even in the red. We have to get over 40 to pass and I am currently on 48. Ok it's not great I know but on the plus side I thought I might have already failed when in fact I am doing fine just need to work a bit harder on future assignments to stay above water. Actually, Vicky who has done all assignments (I have missed 5 so have 5 zero marks aswell as the zero mark for the exam) and went to the exam is on 49 so I am doing ok, worrying for nothing.
I can't think of any barriers left now so it's full steam ahead. I can research my assignments, find help online, log into the portal (that's like your blackboard I think Vicki) check my mail and keep up to date with timetable changes. It has made such a difference already. I have signed up for New Scientist online and get a chemistry fact daily, lol.
I will be able to keep more up to date with this blog too I hope. It's hard on the eyes reading so much at once I am getting back into the swing of typing too, hehe. I'm rusty and not used to laptop keyboards. I have downloaded google talk, aim, skype and bought loads of games. I got all The Sims 2 expansions second hand and I bought Spore. I also got World of Warcraft but haven't got that installed yet and a few more like Sim City 4, Theme park world etc. I've got my phone software installed too so I can put photo's on still and I've got my Ipod installed. Still loads left to setup and windows Vista to get used to but it's all good.
Today I went in town with my mum. We got some warm clothes for Dartmoor, mumsie is coming with us this saturday. We ate jacket potatoes as part of our new diet when normally we would get a pasty. I bought some foundation make-up and mum a hair dye. After that I had a medical assessment for the benefits agency. Mum went to look after Sam and I met Katie in town. I got her a kitten for Christmas at her request then Saleh has made her sell it so with the money I got back I bought Katie her replacements today. We did well with the bargain hunting. She got a pair of black ankle boots that are pointy with heals and posh, some more casual boots sandy colour lace-ups and the exact same sandy ones for Sam then we went to Game and I bought her the three Harry Potter games and a CSI game for the pc.
Monday was the first day back at Uni after christmas and it was such a shock to the system! Things that trigger my anxiety attacks include new places, new people and break in my routine so 9am we were in a new lecture theatre with a new tutor and a new subject - Statistics. I had got to sleep finally at 5.20am after being too anxious to sleep then got up at 7am to get the 8am bus. It was a stressful morning of knots in my stomach. It was lovely to see all my friends again though, Vicky, Lisa, Marc and Manny in particular and it soon became ok asking how their christmases went and shaking everyones hand happy new year. It was lovely to see David and all the Chaplaincy people again too. I have missed them all so much. David was saying that we have only known everyone since september, it's hard to believe I have known them so little time it seems much longer as they are such good friends already.
After Uni at 2pm I met mum and Pat in town for coffee. I stopped into the christian bookshop and bought myself a beautiful new Bible as my treat for giving up smoking. I thought as it was expensive it would remind me how much money I am saving and the new path in life I am on too, making my life better.
It will be a year on 2nd February since my dad died and he is still very much in my thoughts and I still miss him so very much it's difficult to stay possitive sometimes. Christmas was harder than I thought it would be even down to buying christmas cards I found myself looking in the dad section out of habit and came out of the shop in tears. It seems that so many programmes on tv feature someone losing someone I burst into tears still every time I am reminded. Time is supposed to heal right? I look forward to feeling better.
I went a bit off topic there sorry. I bought the leaders edition of Discipleship Explored which is the follow on from Christianity Explored the course we have just finished for David to have a look at. I think we will be doing the course on Thursdays still. I also bought a silver bookmark and little gold edged sticky tabs for the pages of my bible showing each seperate book like subject dividers. It took me about five hours to stick them all in and I was up until 6am doing it as I couldn't leave it unfinished. With going off topic I forgot to mention that mum and I went to buy my laptop from PC World Monday evening after town. Well actually I got it next door in Currys as it was £200 cheaper same spec. Afterwards I stayed at mums until about 11am then went home and did the bible tabs.
Yesterday, Tuesday morning I had no lectures and slept until 12 noon. I had a chemistry lecture at 1pm and then another at 2pm. It was no fun having no break inbetween lessons. Usually we have one lecture at a time then a break but they merged. Lisa was absent again and since she is in the red and failing I am very worried about her I hope she can buck up a bit. She was in early and all on monday it's a shame especially since she already did this course last year, this is her last chance she won't be able to do it again next year.
Vicky and I sat in the chaplaincy after our lecture and had coffee. Roger and Laura were there so it was nice to see them. Roger has a new post, he will be Vicar of another church up the line, good for him sad for us. Just as we were leaving Manny called Vicky to tell her he wasn't coming over to her halls to see her and she got quite angry with him. He said it was becuase his mum didn't want him to and she was very annoyed that he didn't stick up to her.
I tried to calm her down and explain that as his mum is living with him he has to consider her and his culture is such that they do as their mothers said. Anyway, he called me in the end after Vicky hung up on him and shouted at him a lot about getting a back bone and doing as he pleased and said that his mum didn't want to babysit his teenage sons, his mum is catholic and had been moaning that they weren't married and he said that he had been dissapointed with his mark this term and wants to study more.
I relayed the message and Vicky was heartbroken at being dumped through her friend and I agree it was a bit low. He should have told her himself not through me. It went from not coming over because his mum said he shouldn't to them breaking up. She called me today and said she had seen Manny parked outside her halls but she isn't talking to him and he drove off. I don't know if I understood it right but I think they have broken up. Tomorrow is going to be so very awkward.
Tomorrow we have a biology lecture in the morning then a statistics tutorial session followed by chemistry lab from 2pm - 5pm. It's already past midnight and I#m not sleepy at all.
The cats were getting on this evening. They sat together and Monty licked Jynx's face which was progress then Monty went for Jynx later and is now still trying to stalk and attack him, I have Jynx in protective custody on my lap. Poor Jynx he has done nothing and doesn't even fight back. I phoned the local animal shelters and there is no room for either of the cats. One even had a waiting list of 140 cats! No way either of my cats are going to stay in a shelter for months and months, not being bought and cooped up so they will just have to learn to get along. The vet said that following the operation, after three weeks all the hormones should have cleared from their bodies so Monty has three weeks grace before I actively seek a new home for him.
Tomorrow evening after lab Lisa, Vicky and I are supposed to be going to the pub for a few drinks and then Vicky and I might go bowling. It is her birthday on Saturday but we have Dartmoor so we can't really go out Friday night as we will be too tired to walk and then Saturday we might be tired from walking so we are still trying to figure something out to do. The other problem is me and Lisa both being on a diet. Normally we would go Pizza Hut, Buffet City or KFC to celebrate I guess I can exercise more later and be a good friend. I expect we will go wherever she wants to go. Lisa might not go.
I haven't got around to joining the gym yet (new places, new people) but I plan to. It's just £46 pound for the whole year when most charge nearly that for a month so it's rude not to take advantage. It's the Uni gym newly built and just opened September. The public have to pay £156 a year to use it so I should use it while I can. I want to be much fitter for field trips I will need to do on my degree.
Ok I think I have written quite enough for now I keep forgetting I can get back on any time I like now, lol. I'm off to try and force myself to sleep.
Love and hugs!!!
P.s. new pics :-)
http://picasaweb.google.com/CarolineMarieThomas/Laptop?feat=directlink

1 comment:

Vicki Davis said...

What a lovely post.. I am glad you are happy with your decision to get the laptop, you are right you can always sell the free one, or even this one if its better.. You got so many games, when will you find time to play them all. I really love spore, but i have had almost no time to play at all. that the only game i have.. Well not counting rockBand :-)

I am so excited to hear about your marks, See I told you you would be ok and be able to keep going. I was surprised tohear that you were missing 5 assignments though, it sounded like you were always so on top of it doing every assignment, so I hope this term you will be sure to do every one and the laptop will help you keep on top. Even if you do it wrong, its a few more points then not doing it at all.

Sorry to hear that there is no place for the cats, and it is too bad that katie could not keep her kitten. Are her and Saleh together? I thought they weren;t but now i forget.

I can't beleive how many litle tabs your bible had, from the picture, no wonder it took so long to set up. i am glad you are getting back to your routine, in the next 1-2 weeks once your schedule is settled you can join the gym and add that into your routine.

KFC and Pizza hut won;t be that bad if you just only eat a little bit, like you could get a 2 piece meal with mashed potatoes or Green beans or like only eat 2 slices of pizza with veggies on them, and the idea isn;t to starve yourself just eat a smaller portion. If you never let yourself eat anything you like it will be too hard to do. So next time you want that pasty.. get 1 and share it instead of one each.

Thank you for all of your comments, I am glad to hear you will be able to be online more often and be able to keep up on the posts.

email me your name for gtalk