Thursday 29 January 2009



I've had a horrible couple of days. The week started off well, Monday I went to my lectures and Tuesday too. Then it all went horribly wrong. I am failing chemistry now where I wasn't before as I have missed two labs this week therefore two reports which make my average pants. I will let you know what my tutor says.


The reason was Jynx. He became critically ill Tuesday night and had to be rushed to the emergency vets. I only got him back (still not well but better) this morning Thursday. I rushed into Uni this afternoon when I really should've stayed with Jynx to try to make up but I doubt it will help much. I had a great afternoon in the end chatting in the chaplaincy and playing cards with Peter and Stephen. I really needed to have some down time having been on edge for more than 48 hours.

I stayed for christianity explored tonight as usual because I didn't want to let anyone down especially since it's now my job to do Amy's job since she quit. My mind really wasn't in it though. I think I did a good job of hiding my misery. We had wonderful home made soup, carrot and swede I believe with baguette peices and quiche. We had gorgeous toffee cheesecake and blackcurrant cheesecake. I should have been having fun as we even started Discipleship Explored which I have been eagerly awaiting.

My eyes were killing me because I forgot my glasses and was so sleep deprived. I am scared to sleep incase he gets worse but I'm so tired that I have to. Now I don't know what to do in the morning, stay home to keep an eye on poorly Jynx because it's a potentially life threatening illness and possibly fail or go into Uni and not concentrate but get my name on the register and possibly have no Jynx to come home to. Obviously I am staying home I'd hate myself if I wasn't here to take him to the vets. Sigh

Jynx had a urinary blockage by the way incase you wondered. He's still not quite right after three anasthetics and cathaters, the vets kept telling me to prepare for the worst and he could die it was horrible. If I had any doubts before, now I know I couldn't part with Jynx. He has to have two different tablets twice a day and some liquid pain relief in his food too. I hope he will be ok.

I'll write more later I'm going to try and get some sleep with my fingers crossed that Jynx will be well enough for me to go Uni in the morning, Biology lab and Stats tomorrow. Oh I got my essay back, the one I had not referenced, hadn't finnished and I got a C which is great considering and a report that I got a pass on for Biology too so it's only Chemistry I have the problem with now. I am passing Maths, Stats, Biology and Biology Lab. Not sure about study skills or Chemistry but I'm definitely failing Chemistry lab at the moment. I can keep my facebook up to date with my mobile so will be doing that from now on while at Uni.

Love n' hugs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

Vicki Davis said...

You could bring Jynx with you in the carrier.. Maybe leave her in the chaplancy and ask David to look after her for a few hours while you are at lab? Can you make up the missed classes, or get a note from the vet for your tudor so they know it wasn;t your fault? Perhaps you will just have to Ace the next tst to make up for the missed work. Catch 22 though, it will be harder since you missed some. Can you gets notes off of someone? Sory jynx is dooing poorly

CarolineThomas said...

Damn I wish I had thought of taking him in the carrier that would have been a good idea. I'm at home with Jynx he is doing much better today. I'm going to stats this afternoon at least and I'm working on a note to excuse me. All good ideas, thanks xx