Friday 18 September 2009

Friday 18th September 2009

Well today was a rather uneventful day, as I still have horrible flu which has now gone to a chest infection (of course!) and I've been at home all day. I had stayed up all night reading and writing blogs then hanging out on Facebook. I checked out Joels incredibly fantastic script. I really enjoyed it! Since I had stayed up so long I wasn't tired anymore so I decided that I may as well stay up and see my little neighbour Lily before she went to school as I haven't seen her all week.

I often pop down my neighbour Heidis for coffee, I have been going down every morning since Lily started school, doing Lilys hair and keeping Heidi company until Daisy gets up or helping out with Daisy if she is awake, lol. These last few days while I have been ill I have been waiting until Lily has gone off to school before popping down to try and save her from catching my cold as she loves school so very much and would be upset to miss it.

Heidi is a great host and a fab friend. Her other half Rob works long hours as he is the head chef in a very busy restaurant. Unfortunately Daisy woke up sick today even though I had been so careful to stay away from close contact and took my own coffee cup each time so I felt awful even though it's not really my fault that these things are going around. Daisy was so incredibly easy going about the whole thing and was such a cute little snuffler! You'd never know she was ill except for her breathing, such a happy baby she is. Heidi and I chatted and drank coffee for a bit while Daisy went back to bed for a nap. By this time I had been awake for over 24 hours and began to flag so came back up to my flat. I should have taken some photos today but I didn't think of it but I will in the future ;-)

For some reason by the time I was back home I wasn't sleepy again so I hung out on Facebook a bit longer. I have all these little games on Facebook that I am totally hooked on which I was only going to check on....... anyway I was exhausted then a few hours later and went off to bed for a bit. I wasn't asleep very long, just a few hours as I can hardly breathe and woke up often coughing and needing my inhalers. I must have been coughing a lot in my sleep because I had sore ribs. I got up then and got straight back on Facebook to see if mum was around, she also has this chest infection and with her asthma how it is, I worry but she wasn't around so I played my little games......

There is a new version of Bejeweled Blitz which was posted for testing and feedback which I got great scores on. Unfortunately as it's only in testing, the scores are not recorded but I am looking forward to seeing if they replace the old Bejeweled Blitz because this new one is way better and I seem to be not bad at it, lol.

Around 6pm, Heidi popped up with snuffly Daisy who was all red eyed and weary looking. Apparently she had been screaming the place down tired so Heidi wanted to give her a change of scene as it was another hour at least before her bedtime. As soon as she was here of course she acted like butter wouldn't melt. Full of smiles and giggles although she was clingy, enjoyed having different things to look at. I gave her a squishy pig to nibble on and that kept her very busy on Heidis lap. They went off about 7pm for Daisy to go to bed.

I then realised I hadn't eaten all day (I know, I shouldn't go without eating but there is sugar in my cough medication, my blood sugar levels were fine strangely and I just wasn't hungry at all) so I ran down to Heidis to get the microwave rice I forgot to take home with me that she said I could have to go with my chicken curry. I ended up staying there another hour watching the two soaps we both watch then came back up and had my curry. My cat Monty decided to amuse me by jumping in the empty bag when I opened up my new toilet rolls. I thought he looked cute.



Since then I have been hanging out on Facebook, chatting to my mum, playing games and chatting with Heidi. We played a game of doodle on windows live messenger which was fun. I have purposely stayed up as late as possible with the hope of not waking at all until the morning, at least that is the theory. All week it's been a struggle to sleep. I am all dosed up with vapour rub on my chest, I've had both inhalers, taken my cough medicine and paracetamol so fingers crossed.

I'm seriously missing out on all the fun of Freshers. There have been events all this week in the Chaplaincy that I wish I could have been at, pasta suppers, movie and pizza night, cream tea meet and greets etc. Next week is when it really starts though, every night there is free evening meals for all in the hall put on by the Chaplaincy when around 250 people herd in and eat. I went to a few last year scared, agoraphobic and overwhelmed so was looking forward to enjoying it this year as I know the place well now. If I stay in all weekend and keep taking my antibiotics I should be able to go. Of course I don;t want to pass on this cold!

So there you go, that was my day. As promised it wasn't too eventful but I thought I would try to get back into the routine of blogging. It's a nice feeling to know that I am all up to date. I am now sitting here wondering how Joel got on in the final and wondering what exciting things I will be reading in the next Holly Daze.

1 comment:

Vicki Davis said...

I am so sorry that you are sick. When I was pregnant and sick, the doctor had to write me prescription cough medicine that was sugar free. I still have some that I use when I have a cough. Heidi sounds lovely and I am gla dyou have a good friend so close by to chat with and visit. it is hard when you lay down and then cough I end up sleeping in the easy chair on nights like that. I do hope you are better for the chaplancy next week, I am sur eyou will be fine and I can;t wait to hear all about it. I had such a busy weekend, I barely had time to write and post the blogs, as it is that time of the month and I am exahusted and going to bed with Holly, but tonight i am up late reading your blog, and tomorrow I will have to catch up on writing my blog.