Monday 21 September 2009

Monday 21st September 2009

This morning I woke up at 4.30am panicking that I might have missed my alarm. I couldn't get back to sleep so I got up instead. After making sure I had everything ready for Uni it was too late to go back to sleep so I got dressed, grabbed my bag and went down to see Heidi, Lily and Daisy. Monty knew that I was off out when I grabbed my bag and assumed the position, lol.

When I got to Heidis, Daisy was in bed still and Lily was already dressed in her uniform, eating breakfast. Heidi then did her hair.


The taxi arrived and off Lily went.
Heidi made me a coffee and we chatted for a bit before Daisy got up.

Far too soon the time had gone and I had to get off to the bus stop and get to Uni. I really didn't want to go but I forced myself.
The first person I saw when I arrived at Uni was David, closely followed by Vicky. I forgot to take pics as we were too busy chatting. I helped David with his bags and the three of us walked up to the Chaplaincy.




There were a lot of people milling around as you would expect as it is Freshers Week which makes me very nervous and anxious so it was nice to take some time and have a coffee before we had to go to our Introduction talk. At 9.45am Vicky and I took a walk over to the Rolle building to meet up with the rest of our class. I couldn't go in at first but Vicky coaxed me in.


There are 130 people in my class but we were lucky enough to be some of the last people to enter so there weren't too many people hanging around, they were already going into the lecture theatre.


We took our seats and sat through two hours of mind numbingly boring drone. It was the same talk as last year, nothing new. We were given our Lab books. They are full of safety instructions for when we are in the Labs. We had to fill out forms to say we had read and understood them. Afterwards Vicky and I went back to the Chaplaincy where we saw Steve, Kevin, David, Anne, Maureen, Dominique, Michelle, Sam and a few other people who I don't know the names of. Loads of familiar faces though and by then I was totally comfortable with being back at Uni. Quite a success really.

About an hour later we left, Vicky going off to the library to do some printing and me off to the city centre. I met up with mumsie and we did a bit of shopping.




I picked up my preordered copy of Dan Brown The Lost Symbol and bought two tshirts, a plain black one and a great Jimi Hendrix one. Mumsie bought some bits and bobs then I left her in town while I went home tired. Here are a few pics from the bus stop in town.


When I got back home I popped into see Heidi, Lily and Daisy again as I promised Lily I would see her after school. They were having their dinner.

I stayed until the girls were in bed then came home and chatted with mumsie on Facebook for a little while. I checked in with my farms but couldn't get on Fish World because they are updating their servers tonight. I have another early start tomorrow so I'd better get to bed. Tomorrow I am having all my hair cut off in the evening so I thought I would add some pics of my hair down to show before and after. The other day I had my hair band in too tight and a large amount of my hair broke off while I was in bed so I am having it pretty short to try and get the whole lot thicker and a uniform length.

I will try and write more tomorrow but I'm busy busy busy with Chaplaincy events in the evening and all. I will take pictures, including my new hair when I remember so I can write a blog another time though if I can't do it tomorrow. Love and hugs as always xxx

1 comment:

Vicki Davis said...

Your hair is so long, it will be weird seeing you with short hair. its strange reading about your anxiety stuff, I just don;t remember you ever being like that here, as there were so many times we had to meet new people, going to clubs, parties, karaoke, was it because you were with me, or we were in america, or did the anxienty start after you got home. I know I have been reading about it for a while and all last year, but I never really asked you about how it started. I am glad you had vicky there with you and she helped you get through it. I also just got my copy of the lost symbol but I have no idea when I will find any time to read it. Well I have had a headache for hours now, so I too am off to bed and I hope you have a wonderful evening at the chaplancy tonight.