Monday 20 October 2008

Monday 20th October 2008

On Sunday Vicky had stayed over and we watched films and chilled then we met Saleh and went in town. We had coffee at Starbucks then got KFC to take home to Katie. Katie, Saleh and I went to Derriford hospital after that to take Sam to the out of hours doctors. He has a cold and Katie wanted to make sure it hadn't got to his chest. He was given the all clear so Katie felt better. I took loads of pics so that Nanny can see. http://picasaweb.google.com/CarolineMarieThomas/SamAtDerriford#
This morning we had study in higher education class in which Dave talked to us about time management. It was a very good talk and I took a lot of notes which I know will be very helpful indeed. I am struggling a little to fit everything in and I haven't seen Paul and Carly for weeks so I hoping to get a free spot in my week when I can make the time to see them.
I got my chemistry report from last week back too and I got a staggering 90%! I was sooooo happy with this result as I had struggled with what to write all week and hadn't handed it in until the very last moment on Wednesday afternoon. The highest mark anyone got was 95% and only 2 people got that. Only 10 of us got 90% or above. I know I shouldn't be so competitive but I can't help it, I think it's healthy to care.
After a quick break in the chaplaincy for coffee with Vicky, Marc and Olivia (David was also there of course) we went to Maths. Today we were plotting graphs for linear formulas so we had like y=x+2 with different values of x then plotted the results on graphs. It was dull but at least I understood it this week.
At lunchtime I got a call from Specsavers that my glasses were ready to pick up so I have just been down to get them. I am now wearing them in the I.T suite at University with Vicky which just feels bizarre! I'm looking forward to not getting headaches anymore and trying not to look up to quickly because it messes up my focus as they are only for right in front of me. I know they are neccessary and I will get used to them but I'm so embarrassed, ARGH!
This afternoon we have no lessons planned but I have another Chemistry report to write which has to be in on Wednesday. I will probably do the same thing I did last week and leave it until the last minute, screaching it in late in the afternoon because we have Wednesday morning off giving me time to think about it. I should have done it this weekend but I am struggling on what to write again - sigh.
Tomorrow is my birthday - yay!

1 comment:

Vicki Davis said...

So sorry to hear sam has been sick, Holly is still not over her cough but it is getting better and better. You will get used to your glasses don't worry. Congrats on your chem paper, way to go!