Tuesday 14 October 2008

Tuesday 14th October 2008

Sorry I haven't blogged recently but it's all been a bit hectic and busy! I spent the weekend helping my friend Nipu correct his english on his dissertation for his Phd. We are by no means done yet but I have looked through about 20,000 words. Just putting in things like 'it' 'the' 'of' seems easy but actually it's such a complicated subject he is writing on and the language is so very very complex that it really taxes the brain and I get a headache if I don't take regular breaks.
Luckily for me he is a fabulous chef and has been cooking the most wonderfully hot curries every time I have been over there to make it slightly less of a chore.
Monday we had lectures all day it was awful, no break from 9am straight through to 4pm as you can imagine I was pooped. Vicky came back to my place and we watched CSI Miami season 1 dvd's all evening (I hired them from the library for the week, we've watched 2 of the 4 dvd's so far) then went to bed.
Today was 2 chemistry lectures, one from each of our two chemistry lecturers. Both pretty dull actually and nothing much to write about. This afternoon I did online tests. Maths we had to get more than 70% to pass which would normally be a First pass % (in the top %) but our teacher is apparently a slave-driver. After a few attempts I got 76% - yay!
I saw whilst on this site that two chemistry tests have been put on our portal too so I gave them a go. The first one I got 100% and the second 4 out of 5 which was 80%. Since I wasn't supposed to take them yet I was highly impressed and I will relax a little about chemistry as it is a constant worry. Nice to know something is actually sinking into the gray matter after all! Lol.
Church has been fun, yesterday was Greek but I will be giving this up, I have enough on my plate I think without learning another language, especially one so hard and so dull, lol.
Today in the church was 'What the papers say' once again we didn't talk much about what the papers say because for the third week in a row all the papers say is that the world economy is coming to an end, budget, finance, banks suck etc - boring. Since Roger is actually an ex-maths teacher he went through some maths that Vicky and I have been having problems with instead - invaluable right before we took our tests.
Mumsie has posted on her blog I was happy to see and she is having a great time, today in Dubai, sounds fantastic. Katie and Saleh went to London this week but they are back now and Sam is fine. It is Georgia's 11th birthday this friday, makes me feel so old lol.
Oh I forgot to mention, over the weekend I was online at mums and I started playing this fantastic RPG game online. It's called Conquer 2.0 and I've really got into it. If only I had more time - sigh. Anyways, I managed to get my character (a Trojan on the Light server - incase anyone wants to join me, avatar - Antonella) all the way up to level 40 in 2 days which is quite good. I can now self-heal and carry and use two weapons at once so my character now kicks butt. Basically you kill monsters, gain experience, kick more monster butt, gain more experience etc. It is addictive, buying better weapons, better armour, meeting and chatting with people from all over the world etc. Just thought I would share. There are sad people on there also though, people who have been playing for years, never get off it, take it very seriously so I will be careful not to get too hooked. Since mums place is the only place I can play it I should be ok.
Tomorrow I am having the day off, I can't wait to recoup. I have one lecture from 1pm - 2pm but I can't make it as I have dentist at 1.30pm. The lecturer doesn't mind me having the time off and if I don't turn up to the appointment I get taken off the NHS list or reschedule would be for 4 weeks time so I am going. I am supposed to be being fitted for the replacement tooth so I will let you all know how that goes.

1 comment:

Vicki Davis said...

Its too bad you will have to give up greek, even though it is just for fun, but if your finding it boring, then you definately should. I myself don;t read the paper or watch the news as I find it depressing and annoying, if it is not the sky falling, then the economy is crumbling or the election demons are coming... sigh!