Saturday 18 October 2008

Saturday 18th October 2008

Firstly I will start off with the usual appologies for not writing for a few days and explain that it has been hectic. Since we have lab time put on our timetables I seem to have no time to blog!
Ok I left you at Wednesday when I had a day off. I went to the doctors in the morning and got my repeat sicknote and my flu jab then had dentist in the afternoon where I got fitted for dentures! I had to pop into Uni to drop off a completed assignment too.
I took a leaf out of Vickis book and decided to get the whole body checkup thing so docs then dentist followed by optitians.
Wednesday night I just chilled at home. Thursday I had the usual Chemistry and we also did online tests. Maths and Chemistry. We had to get 70% on the maths and I got 76% so I passed, thank god. Chemistry wasn't comulsary but I took them anyways, got 100% in the first and 80% in the second. Can't be doing too badly! We had chemistry lab work, we heated up Magnesium ribbon to measure oxidation. I have to write a report on this before Wednesday. http://picasaweb.google.com/CarolineMarieThomas/UniversityPics#
I had an eye test in the afternoon and I have now got glasses! So I was feeling pretty old by then, flu jab, glasses and dentures and 32 next week. Yikes! Thursday night was Christianity explored in the Chaplaincy. We ate pasta bake with cheese and nuts, cashews and peanuts I believe, cooked by Davids wife, it was yummy followed by cheesecake and chocolate gateaux. We discussed the next part of Marks gospel, watched a bit more of the video and chatted about questions that were in our book. Afterwards I went home and chilled, pretty tired.
Friday we had Biology lab and we got work back from the week before. I got 10 out of 10 for my drawing and was the only one in the class so I was rather chuffed! Friday night I met up with Nipu with Vicky and Marc. We ate chips at a cafe near Uni. I then hopped on a bus and went to see Georgia as it was her birthday to give her her card. They were all off to the pub and as I was too tired to join them I stayed with Sophie in the house for a while.
A few of her friends came around and we all played Rock Star on the WII which was so much fun. I liked her friends a lot they are lovely. I was really late getting home and crawled straight into bed and went to sleep.
This morning I got up and got showered ready for a trip out to Dartmoor with Uni chaplaincy. I met Vicky outside Uni and we went up to the chaplaincy together. The whole group was there in no time and we hopped into the minibus off to Dartmoor. We had quite a gruelling 5 mile walk around Princetown which I have posted pics from. http://picasaweb.google.com/CarolineMarieThomas/DartmoorVisit#
Tonight I have Vicky staying over so I popped here to mums to update the blog knowing I won't have any chance to do it at least before Monday maybe later. No plans as such for tomorrow, resting before getting back to Uni. Monday 9am lecture - groan. It's all good fun!

1 comment:

Vicki Davis said...

I am so glad you got everything check out. Do you feel like a new woman now that you can see, I hear it is magic, when everything is crystal clear after being fuzzy.

I love rock star, we don;t have it though, but I have played a hand full of times at friends houses, i always sing, not that I am very good at it though, And it always makes me think of you and karaoke...