Wednesday 1 October 2008

Wednesday 24th September 2008

Today we had a meet the tutors buffet in Portland Squares Atrium C. Mumsie was in town to lend me money for tobacco so she joined me on campus. Noone payed much attention and I showed her around. She got to eat some of the buffet, (pasties, cake, fruit, tea, coffee, salad etc) and to see my tutors which I think she enjoyed. After this lunch we were free for the rest of the day so I went along to the Freshers Fair in the Roland Levinsky Building.
I signed up for giving blood, got loads of vouchers for cheap internet, free pizzas etc and got a Students Union diary. After this I went and met back up with mumsie in town. We didn't have anything to do in town so we just sat and chatted.
The church were giving away free meals in the hall later that evening so I queued up for that along with 300 other students. We had vegetable korma with rice, bread and salad. It was very crowded and I quickly escaped home.
I'm not back at Uni now until Monday and I am looking forward to getting on with some actual work.

No comments: