Wednesday 8 October 2008

Wednesday 8th October 2008

I appologise for not updating this blog this week, I've been so unbelievably busy that I haven't had chance to get to the library to blog. Wednesday mornings is just about the only time I don't have lectures. This morning I am at mumsies because she is going away tomorrow. I stayed here last night.
Today would have been my dad's birthday so that has been on my mind too staying here with mumsie was nice. I'm really going to miss her. I have set her up her own blog though - Lyndy Lou's Blog on here, so at least if she can figure out how to do it without me lol, she can write about what she is up to in Abu Dhabi so that won't be so bad.
Yesterday at Uni I bought my lab coat! Sexy it is - NOT! It is soooooo white. I can't wait to get some scientific stains or marks or something on it then I might actually look like a scientist, lol. Our practicals start this week, tomorrow I have Chemistry then Biology on Friday. White is so not my colour. Just ask my mum! I was thinking of asking if I could dye it black and maybe put some patches on it, you know like Metallica or something a bit more 'me'. Seems unlikely though. The whole class is in the same boat.
Katie and Sam were over here last night too, we all had mums homemade Cottage Pie. Lovely jubely. Sam is just soooo cute. I wish I knew how to put pictures on here, I've got so many pictures and videos on my phone. I also have a You Tube account that I opened for that purpose but I don't know how to convert the videos on my phone.
Since this blog is supposed to be about Uni I'd better write about my week although nothing much happened. Mondays I have study in higher education, this week the lecture was how to write effective notes in lectures which I found funny, writing notes in a lecture about how to write notes in a lecture, lol. Then Monday afternoons it's maths - yuk. I hate maths. This week it was Integers, Rational numbers, Prime numbers etc. I actually learnt stuff and followed the lesson without any problems, that's a first.
Tuesdays I have Chemistry in the morning with Dr David Harwood, my main tutor. He is brilliantly boring. His voice is a bit dull that's all and I don't really understand Chemistry so I struggle in his lectures. We are still covering Matter, solids, liquids and gasses. In the afternoons we have another Chemistry lecture, this one by Dr Roy Lowry and it couldn't be more different. He spends a lot of time teaching primary children and his lectures are so much fun. Full of fun and jokes and the information really sinks in. For example when telling us to keep to scale he told us a story of a guy who baked cakes. The guy used 4lb flour and 4lb sugar to make this cake then he went to Outer Mongolia he wanted to make the same cake but on a bigger scale and their measuring units were Mega Mongolian Ferrets (we all laughed a lot at this) so he still needed 4 of each, demonstrating the ratio was the same regardless of units. On the screen it said 4Mmf sugar + 4Mmf flour = Loadsacake.
Wednesdays (today) is Biology. Only one 1 hour lecture. We have been looking at the basics, cells and their makeup. Thursdays we have Chemistry practical in the lab which we haven't done yet and then in the afternoon it's maths review where we go over what we have covered on a Monday so that's what we did last Thursday and Fridays are Biology practicals which we haven't done yet and another Biology lecture, we did cells last Friday.
At the weekend I went to see Paul and Carly. Carly was just out of hospital having gallstones removed so she was sore and weak bless her. I din't stay there long as I was quite bored. Their friend Phil was there playing the playstation which is fun to play not to watch. Carly wasn't herself so I had to make my own coffee and Paul was really quiet and untalkative, so I went home. I was really tired when I got home, perhaps the week caught up with me anyway I fell asleep by 4pm and slept until nearly 6am!
Sunday I was at mumsies, we just chilled and ate dinner. Mumsie babysat Sam in the evening and I chilled at home watching Bruce Willis films.

No comments: