Wednesday 22 October 2008

Wednesday 22nd October 2008

Monday afternoon after Uni, Vicky very kindly took me to Buffet City a really cool new Oriental American style buffet restaurant in town for my birthday treat. It was pouring with rain and we had to wait 45 minutes outside before the place opened for the evening menu at 5pm but it was so worth it. The food was stunning!
http://picasaweb.google.com/CarolineMarieThomas/BuffetCity#
We ate almost our own weights in food (just kidding) until our bellies hurt and had a fantastic time. Afterwards we went back to my place so that Vicky could see the cats and I wouldn't be alone for my birthday. We watched some films, The Doors and Moonlighting which was fun and I played all of my favourite music so we had a good singalong.
Tuesday morning was the usual rush to get ready for Uni, showering, getting dressed running for the bus etc but it was also nice. I had texts from Katie, Nan, Mum, Kevin and Pat so everyone remembered me. We have two different chemistry lessons on Tuesdays, one with Dave and one with Roy. Unfortunately they were both pretty similar which was a little dull. Both talked about Atomic structures and Isotopes so I guess it is an important topic.
In the afternoon it was 'What the papers say' again in the Chaplaincy, they didn't say much and we soon moved on to doing the crossword instead which was one of those cryptic ones that Laura and I found really hard. Roger was giving us clues all the way though because he always knew the answers so it was fun learning a new skill, lol. Marc had invited Vicky and I for a drink in the SU bar and for some reason I didn't feel like it. I tried my best to put them off but Vicky was very insistant saying I must have a drink on my birthday blah blah so I gave in and went to meet Marc there with her.
I wish I had listened to myself and not gone. Marc had been drinking all afternoon and was in a pretty wierd mood right from the start. He first of all said that he had only invited Vicky what was I doing there, I brushed it off you know with a laugh and he bought me a pint. We sat down and were all just chatting. Vicky and Marc finished their drinks really quickly, I had barely drunk a quarter of my pint and Mark said 'oh well if you don't want another one that's your problem' and I said 'I can't help it if I drink slowly, you two are practically alcoholics compaired to me!' and laughed, like you do.
I didn't mean anything by it, I certainly wasn't implying that either of them were actual alcoholics, if I really thought that then it would be something I would keep to myself. Vicky laughed and Marc went quiet. He grabbed his bag and left! Wierd we thought perhaps he has gone for a cigarette but he wasn't outside so apparently he was offended and went off in a huff. I thought only pre-teen girls did that but apparently so do adult males.
Anyway this totally ruined my birthday and the rest of the evening as I felt guilty and had no way of contacting him to appologise. I also have the added worry of how he is going to be today and the fact that he is in every single one of my classes and is my lab partner. If he has fallen out with me it is going to be tense to say the least. Bloody men they are such babies!
This morning I am at mums place supposed to be writing my report on last weeks chemistry lab work which has to be given in today but as usual I am procrastinating because I don't want to write it. I shouldn't leave it to the last day to hand it in but I hate writting them. I never know what to write even if I did get 90% on my last one. It didn't come easilly. This afternoon I only have one lecture, a one hour Biology lecture I think it is the last one on cells this week.
Ok ok I hear you, I am going to write it now.

2 comments:

Lord Harold III said...

Wow your blog is similar to my blog which deals with everyday university life and how to deal with the problems that you face eveyday.

Vicki Davis said...

Hmmmm.... I am sorry to hear about Marc, perhaps he likes Vicky, and wanted it to be more of a date and she insisted you come, so she wouldn't be alone, and he was just huffy about that. its good that you drink slow, and he should have known your comment was in jest, I am sorry it ruined your evening.

BTW Happy Birthday, I have had such a busy week, I am only catching up on writing and reading blogs myself, and I am so sorry I missed it.

PS.. Thank you so much for the Holly gifts, she loved them. I hope you like the picture of her chewing her new girly shoes :-)