Wednesday 1 October 2008

Monday 29th September 2008

I was in early this morning, 9am lecture in the Sherwell Centre which is part of the church that has been converted into lecture theatres. It's such a cool building. This lecture was our Higher Education lecture with David. It was basically about good report writing and we had to identify our strengths and weaknesses, for example I'm weak in public speaking but strong in independent study.
We were also divided into our 4 lab groups for our practicals. I'm in group 3 for Biology and group 4 for Chemistry. All that means is that I am in on a Wednesday morning for Biology and a Friday afternoon for Chemistry. All good.
I hung out in the church drinking tea and chatting until my next lecture which was Maths. I was supposed to have picked up a lecture notes booklet before this lecture and didn't know that because I hadn't made it into any of the computer access areas yet as they are always so busy so I struggled a bit in this lecture.
We were working on Percentages, Ratios and Fractions. Maths is my weakest subject and to not be prepared was very bad. I didn't enjoy or understand a lot of the lecture. As soon as it was over I left and made my way to mums for diner and to vent.

1 comment:

Vicki Davis said...

I hope you were able to get the lecture notes afterwards. math is very hard, but I am glad you stayed and got the most out of the lecture. Sounds like things are going well. Do you chat with people when your in line for food, if you see someone else not talking to anyone, they are probably just as scared and lonely as you and might quite like a smiling face.